[openstack-dev] [Nova] Hypervisor CI requirement and deprecation plan

Bob Ball bob.ball at citrix.com
Tue Nov 26 14:38:25 UTC 2013

I don't have a detailed proposal yet - but it's very possible that we'll want one in the coming weeks.

In terms of the time saved, I noticed that a tempest smoke run with Nova absent took 400 seconds on one of my machines (a particularly slow one) - so I imagine that would translate to maybe a 300 second / 5 minute reduction in overall time.  Total smoke took approximately 800 seconds on the same machine.

If the approach could be acceptable then yes, I'm happy to come up with a detailed set of tests that I would propose cutting.

My primary hesitation with the approach is it would need Tempest reviewers to be aware of this extra type of test, and flag up if a test is added to the full tempest suite which should also be in the nova tempest suite.

Bob