[openstack-dev] Adding notifications to Horizon

Sandy Walsh sandy.walsh at rackspace.com
Mon Nov 25 16:30:05 UTC 2013

+1 on the inline method. It makes it clear when a notification should be
emitted and, as you say, handles the exception handling better.

Also, if it makes sense for Horizon, consider bracketing long-running
operations in .start/.end pairs. This will help with performance tuning
and early error detection.

More info on "well behaved notifications" in here:
http://www.sandywalsh.com/2013/09/notification-usage-in-openstack-report.html

Great to see!

-S