[openstack-dev] [nova] remote debugging

Tracy Jones tjones at vmware.com
Mon Nov 25 15:28:39 UTC 2013

Hi Folks - i am trying to add a patch to enable remote debugging in the nova services.  I can make this work very simply, but it requires a change to monkey_patching - i.e.

    eventlet.monkey_patch(os=False, select=True, socket=True, thread=False,
                      time=True, psycopg=True)

I’m working with some folks from the debugger vendor (pycharm) on why this is needed.   However - i’ve been using it with nova-compute for a month or so and do not see any issues which changing the monkey-patching.  Since this is done only when someone wants to use the debugger - is making this change so bad?

 https://review.openstack.org/56287