[openstack-dev] [nova] python-novaclient: uses deprecated keyring.backend.$keyring

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Mon Nov 25 10:48:00 UTC 2013

On 11/25/2013 03:57 AM, Morgan Fainberg wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> How pressing is this issue?

It seems it's blocking some python package transition from Sid to
Jessie, and impacting the Gnome guys, so it's quite annoying for Debian.
So much that some wanted to NMU the novaclient package. At least, that's
my understanding. If a solution could be found in the next following
days/weeks, that'd be nice!

> I know there is work being done to unify
> token/auth implementation across the clients.  I want to have an idea of
> the heat here so we can look at addressing this directly in novaclient
> if it can't wait until the unification work to come down the line.

IMO, it'd be best to act now, and go back to it later on when the
unification thingy is done.

Cheers,

Thomas