[openstack-dev] [Solum] Working group on language packs

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Sat Nov 23 23:46:36 UTC 2013

Ok, so no - diskimage-builder builds regular OpenStack full disk disk images.

Translating that to a filesystem is easy; doing a diff against another
filesystem version is also doable, and if the container service for
Nova understands such partial container contents you could certainly
glue it all in together, but we don't have any specific glue for that
today.

I think docker is great, and if the goal of solum is to deploy via
docker, I'd suggest using docker - no need to make diskimage-builder
into a docker clone.

OTOH if you're deploying via heat, I think Diskimage-builder is
targeted directly at your needs : we wrote it for deploying OpenStack
after all.

-Rob