[openstack-dev] tenant or project

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 18:03:24 UTC 2013

On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 11:35 AM, Dolph Mathews <dolph.mathews at gmail.com>wrote:

> +1 for using the term "project" across all services. Projects provide
> multi-tenant isolation for resources across the cloud. Part of the reason
> we prefer "projects" in keystone is that "domains" conceptually provide
> multi-tenant isolation within keystone itself, so the overloaded "tenant"
> terminology gets really confusing.

- keystoneclient already supports "projects" from a library perspective
> (including auth_token)

Thanks you!   I will eventually be able to remove my disparaging comments
and work-arounds in OSC for tenantId vs tenant_id!!!

- keystoneclient's CLI is deprecated in favor of openstackclient's CLI,
> which supports the "project" terminology if you pass the
> --identity-api-version=3 flag

FWIW I followed Horizon's lead in OSC and removed the tern 'tenant' from
all user-visible parts, except for the compatability OS_TENAMT_{ID,NAME}
variables and --os-tenant-{id,name} options. Neither of those is documented
anywhere though.  This includes commands for all OS APIs it supports.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com