[openstack-dev] RFC: Potential to increase min required libvirt version to 0.9.11 ?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Nov 22 20:29:10 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-20 03:50:03 +0000 (+0000), Tom Fifield wrote:
> Just confirming that the documentation for Ubuntu sets users up
> with the Cloud Archive. In Havana, Libvirt is 1.1.1 and qemu is
> 1.5.0. I've added a row to the table.

There's a change currently up for review to (yet once more) try
using Ubuntu Cloud Archive for the testing we perform on Ubuntu
Precise (which is most of the testing we do as a project at the
moment).

    https://review.openstack.org/48226

Unfortunately, the last time we tried we ran into a buggy version of
libvirt there.

    https://launchpad.net/bugs/1228977

At the moment, we're still looking for confirmation that
nova-compute no longer locks up with the latest libvirt in UCA
(1.1.1). I'm going to run some manual tests, but anyone who can
pitch in and confirm this bug is completely flushed out now would be
most appreciated. I certainly don't want to introduce yet another
nondeterministic bug into our integrated gate tests, especially
after everything else we've been through in that regard this week.
--
Jeremy Stanley