[openstack-dev] [horizon] Javascript development improvement

Imre Farkas ifarkas at redhat.com
Fri Nov 22 15:08:53 UTC 2013

On 11/22/2013 02:49 PM, Maxime Vidori wrote:
>> It seems a bit crazy to me to introduce NodeJS as a dependency just for
>> the sake of an easy way to run jslint. There are other options
>> available that run without NodeJS as a dependency.
>
> Sadly, the only solutions which try to implement jslint in pure python are in alpha or abandoned. If you have a python library which has the same quality as jslint (which is written by Douglas Crockford himself), I will be glad to take a look at it.

There's a jslint fork called jshint which is able to run in the browser
without any node.js dependency.

I created a POC patch [1] long time ago to demonstrate its capabilities.
It's integrated with qunit and runs automatically with the horizon test
suite.

The patch also contains a .jshintrc file for the node.js package but you
can remove it since it's not used by the qunit+jshint test at all.

Imre

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/41087/