[openstack-dev] [nova] future fate of nova-network?

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Nov 22 12:47:19 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 11:25:51AM +0000, John Garbutt wrote:

> Another approach to help with (1) is in Icehouse we remove the
> features from nova-network that neutron does not implement. We have
> warned about deprecation for a good few releases, so its almost OK.

We deprecated it on the basis that users would be able to do a upgrade
to new release providing something that was feature equivalent.

We didn't deprecate it on the basis that we were going to remove the
feature and provide no upgrade path, leaving users screwed.

So I don't consider removing features from nova-network to be an
acceptable approach, until they exist in Neutron or something else
that users can upgrade their existing deployments to.

Regards,
Daniel