[openstack-dev] [Heat] rough draft of Heat autoscaling API

Christopher Armstrong chris.armstrong at rackspace.com
Thu Nov 21 18:58:08 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 12:31 PM, Zane Bitter <zbitter at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 21/11/13 18:44, Christopher Armstrong wrote:
>

>>     2) It relies on a plugin being present for any type of thing you
>>     might want to notify.
>>

>> I don't understand this point. What do you mean by a plugin? I was
>> assuming OS::Neutron::PoolMember (not LoadBalancerMember -- I went and
>> looked up the actual name) would become a standard Heat resource, not a
>> third-party thing (though third parties could provide their own through
>> the usual heat extension mechanisms).
>>

> I mean it requires a resource type plugin written in Python. So cloud
> operators could provide their own implementations, but ordinary users could
> not.

Okay, but that sounds like a general problem to solve (custom third-party
plugins supplied by the user instead of cloud operators, which is an idea I
really love btw), and I don't see why it should be a point against the idea
of simply using a Neutron::PoolMember in a scaling unit.

--
IRC: radix
Christopher Armstrong