[openstack-dev] Propose "project story wiki" idea

Nicholas Chase nchase at mirantis.com
Thu Nov 21 13:28:39 UTC 2013

On 11/21/2013 4:43 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:

> The trick is, such coverage requires editors with a deep technical
> knowledge, both to be able to determine significant news from marketing
> noise *and* to be able to deep dive into a new feature and make an
> article out of it that makes a good read for developers or OpenStack
> deployers. It's also a full-time job, even if some of those deep-dive
> articles could just be contributed by their developers.
>
> LWN is an exception rather than the rule in the tech press. It would be
> absolutely awesome if we managed to build something like it to cover
> OpenStack, but finding the right people (the right skill set + the will
> and the time to do it) will be, I fear, extremely difficult.
>
> Thoughts ? Volunteers ?

(raises hand)

As it happens, according to my job description, doing a "deep dive into
a new feature and make an article out of it that makes a good read for
developers or OpenStack deployers") IS my full time job, and as of
yesterday, so is keeping up with "weekly technical news that would cover
updates from major projects". :)  The information site's just emerging
from beta (when I get back after Thanksgiving, likely) but I'm sure we
can work something out.

So I'm happy to head this up, if nobody else has time.

----  Nick