[openstack-dev] Propose "project story wiki" idea

Boris Pavlovic bpavlovic at mirantis.com
Thu Nov 21 08:16:04 UTC 2013

Clint,

The main idea is to have processed by human history of project.

It is really impossible to aggregate automatically all data from different
sources:
IRC (main project chat/dev chat/meetings), Mailing Lists, Code, Reviews,
Summit discussions, using project specific knowledge and history of  the
project.To get short messages like here
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Rally/Updates

So the idea is that in each project we should have the persons that will
aggregate for others all these sources and present really short, high level
view of situation. And these messages should be in one place (wiki/or other
platform (not mailing lists)) for project. So we will be able quick to get
what happens with project for last few months and what are current goals.
This will be also very very useful for new contributors.

So Aggregation of data is good (and should be done), but it is not enough..

Best regards,
Boris Pavlovic