[openstack-dev] Top Gate Bugs

Clark Boylan clark.boylan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 05:53:45 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 9:43 PM, Ken'ichi Ohmichi <ken1ohmichi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> 2013/11/20 Joe Gordon <joe.gordon0 at gmail.com>:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> As many of you have noticed the gate has been in very bad shape over the
>> past few days.  Here is a list of some of the top open bugs (without pending
>> patches, and many recent hits) that we are hitting.  Gate won't be stable,
>> and it will be hard to get your code merged, until we fix these bugs.
>>
>> 1) https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1251920
>> nova
>> 468 Hits
>
> Can we know the frequency of each failure?
> I'm trying 1251920 and putting the investigation tempest patch.
>  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/57193/
>
> The patch can avoid this problem 4 times, but I am not sure this is
> worth or not.
>

> Thanks
> Ken'ichi Ohmichi
>
> ---
>> 2) https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1251784
>> neutron, Nova
>> 328 Hits
>> 3) https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1249065
>> neutron
>>   122 hits
>> 4) https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1251448
>> neutron
>> 65 Hits
>>
>> Raw Data:
>>

>> Note: If a bug has any hits for anything besides failure, it means the
>> fingerprint isn't perfect.
>>
>> Elastic recheck known issues
>> Bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1251920 => message:"assertionerror:
>> console output was empty" AND filename:"console.html" Title: Tempest
>> failures due to failure to return console logs from an instance Project:
>> Status nova: Confirmed Hits FAILURE: 468 Bug:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1251784 => message:"Connection to neutron
>> failed: Maximum attempts reached" AND filename:"logs/screen-n-cpu.txt"
>> Title: nova+neutron scheduling error: Connection to neutron failed: Maximum
>> attempts reached Project: Status neutron: New nova: New Hits FAILURE: 328
>> UNSTABLE: 13 SUCCESS: 275 Bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1240256 =>
>> message:" 503" AND filename:"logs/syslog.txt" AND
>> syslog_program:"proxy-server" Title: swift proxy-server returning 503 during
>> tempest run Project: Status openstack-ci: Incomplete swift: New tempest: New
>> Hits FAILURE: 136 SUCCESS: 83
>> Pending Patch Bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1249065 => message:"No
>> nw_info cache associated with instance" AND filename:"logs/screen-n-api.txt"
>> Title: Tempest failure: tempest/scenario/test_snapshot_pattern.py Project:
>> Status neutron: New nova: Confirmed Hits FAILURE: 122 Bug:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1252514 => message:"Got error from Swift:
>> put_object" AND filename:"logs/screen-g-api.txt" Title: glance doesn't
>> recover if Swift returns an error Project: Status devstack: New glance: New
>> swift: New Hits FAILURE: 95
>> Pending Patch Bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1244255 =>
> [...]

Joe seemed to be on the same track with
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/tempest+branch:master+topic:57578,n,z
but went far enough to revert the change that introduced that test. A
couple people were going to keep hitting those changes to run them
through more tests and see if 1251920 goes away.

I don't quite understand why this test is problematic (Joe indicated
it went in at about the time 1251920 became a problem). I would be
very interested in finding out why this caused a problem.

You can see frequencies for bugs with known signatures at
http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/

Hope this helps.

Clark