[openstack-dev] How to stage client major releases in Gerrit?

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Nov 21 02:41:14 UTC 2013

On 21 November 2013 12:17, Clint Byrum <clint at fewbar.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from Mark Washenberger's message of 2013-11-20 10:14:42 -0800:

> I understand what you're trying to do with this disclaimer. The message
> above just _screams_ for this discussion, so why not cut it off at the
> pass? However, glanceclient being a library, not discussing the fact
> that you're breaking an established API is like not discussing ice at
> the north pole.

Semver provides for doing breaking changes. And thats whats happening
here: things that have been deprecated for extended periods are
finally being cleaned up. Anyone using those features is already
getting deprecation warnings... totally fine for that cleanup to be
done.

-Rob
--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>