[openstack-dev] [openstack][nova][social-apects] Social aspects shouldn't impact on dev process

Joe Gordon joe.gordon0 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 02:05:07 UTC 2013

On Nov 20, 2013 5:22 PM, "John Griffith" <john.griffith at solidfire.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 5:17 PM, Tom Fifield <tom at openstack.org> wrote:
> > Hi Boris,
> >
> > I'm sorry that you've had a frustrating experience :)
> >
> > Even I've written purge scripts before - so I know that this is a very
> > useful feature :)
> >
> > I think that some of it was probably just due to timing issues - I've
> > observed that things behave a bit differently than normal around
release and
> > the summit. Some specific thoughts in-line.
> >

> > On 20/11/13 18:06, Boris Pavlovic wrote:
> >>
> >> We started working on purge engine for DB (before HK summit)
> >>
> >> This is very important, because at this moment we don't have any
working
> >> way to purge DB... so admins should make it by hand.
> >>

> >> And we made this BP (in october)
> >> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/db-purge-engine

I have been busy unbreaking the gate today, and if it's working tomorrow
will provide a proper response. But in short this bp didn't get targeted
for icehouse, so it didn't even get reviewed for approval. This was an
oversight, things have been a little hectic getting back from the summit
and dealing with the gate, so sorry if something was missed.

There were also some questions about the approach taken in this BP, but I
will properly respond to that tommorow.

Also I am not sure what you mean with the subject line.