[openstack-dev] Top Gate Bugs

Roman Podoliaka rpodolyaka at mirantis.com
Wed Nov 20 17:11:52 UTC 2013

Hey all,

I think I found a serious bug in our usage of eventlet thread local
storage. Please check out this snippet [1].

This is how we use eventlet TLS in Nova and common Oslo code [2]. This
could explain how [3] actually breaks TripleO devtest story and our
gates.

Am I right? Or I am missing something and should get some sleep? :)

Thanks,
Roman

[1] http://paste.openstack.org/show/53686/
[2] https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/openstack/common/local.py#L48