[openstack-dev] [UX] Automatically post new threads from AskBot to the list

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Nov 20 10:45:40 UTC 2013

Julie Pichon wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've been thinking about the AskBot UX website [0] and its lack of
> visibility, particularly for new community members.
>
> I think it would be valuable to have the first post from new
> conversation threads be posted to the -dev list with the appropriate
> [UX] tag, with a link to AskBot and a request to continue the
> conversation over there. This would help newcomers realising there is a
> space for UX conversations, and existing community members to pop by
> when a topic comes up around an area of interest. The traffic has been
> low so far, and I wouldn't expect it to become more overwhelming than
> any of the current projects currently communicating via the developers
> list.
>
> Would there be any concern or objections?

Frankly, automatically duplicating information (or cross-posting) should
never be the solution.

I'd rather have an edited, weekly summary of UX discussions posted to
-dev: that would be both useful to people who do not follow that site
*and* regularly remember the existence of that site for UX-minded folks.

Yes, it's more work, but instead of something I'd ignore (by setting up
yet another filter), it would be something I would actually enjoy reading.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)