[openstack-dev] [Nova] Blueprint: standard specification of guest CPU topology

Wangpan hzwangpan at corp.netease.com
Wed Nov 20 03:18:24 UTC 2013

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your help in advance.
I have read your wiki page and it explains this issue very clearly.
But I have a question about the 'technical design', you give us a prototype method as below:
def get_guest_cpu_topology(self, inst_type, image, preferred_topology, mandatory_topology):
my question is that, how/where we can get these two parameters 'preferred_topology, mandatory_topology'?
from the nova config file? or get from the hypervisor?

Thanks again.

2013-11-20

Wangpan