[openstack-dev] [Neutron][Tempest] Tempest API test for Neutron LBaaS

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Nov 20 02:40:12 UTC 2013

On 11/17/2013 09:55 PM, Eugene Nikanorov wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm working on major change to Neutron LBaaS API, obviously it will
> break existing tempest API tests for LBaaS.
> What would be the right process to deal with this? I guess I can't just
> push fixed tests to tempest because they will not pass against existing
> neutron code, and vice versa.

The answer is, you don't. If it's a published API than it has to be
versioned. Changing an existing API in a non compatible way is not allowed.

So please explain the deprecation and versioning plan for LBaaS, then we
can probably figure out the right path forward.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net