[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] SSL Termination write-up

Eugene Nikanorov enikanorov at mirantis.com
Tue Nov 19 20:28:49 UTC 2013

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for working on this. As was discussed at the summit, immediate
solution seems to be passing certificates via transient fields in Vip
object, which will avoid the need for certificate management (incl. storing
them).
If certificate management is concerned then I agree that it needs to be a
separate specialized service.

> My thought was to have independent certificate resource with VIP uuid as
one of the properties. VIP is already created and
> will help to identify the driver/device. The VIP property can be
depreciated in the long term.
I think it's a little bit forward looking at this moment, also I think that
certificates are not specific for load balancing.
Transient fields could help here too: client could pass certificate Id and
driver of corresponding device will communicate with external service
fetching corresponding certificate.

Thanks,
Eugene.