[openstack-dev] [nova] Static IPAddress configuration in nova.conf file

Balaji Patnala patnala003 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 10:51:17 UTC 2013

Hi,

Nova-compute in Compute nodes send fanout_cast to the scheduler in
Controlle Node once every 60 seconds.  Configuration file Nova.conf in
Compute Node has to be configured with Management Network IP address and
there is no provision to configure Data Network IP address in the
configuration file. But if there is any change in the IPAddress for these
Management Network Interface and Data Network Interface, then we have to
configure them  manually in the configuration file of compute node.

We would like to create BP to address this issue of static configuration of
IPAddress for Management Network Interface and Data Network Interface of
Compute Node by providing the *interface names *in the nova.conf file.

So that any change in the ipaddress for these interfaces will be updated
dynamically in the fanout_cast  message to the Controller and update the DB.

We came to know that the current deployments are using some scripts to
handle this static ipaddress configuration in nova.conf file.

Any comments/suggestions will be useful.

Regards,

Balaji.P