[openstack-dev] [Nova] Configuration validation

Dan Smith dms at danplanet.com
Mon Nov 18 15:34:48 UTC 2013

> Another issue that we might want to try and solve with this (and imho
> another reason to keep the framework for this in oslo) is that we might
> want to make these update aware, and allow for some graceful degradation
> or something similar when for example an updated service is stated with
> an outdated config.
>
> Maybe Dan could weigh in on this?

Well, AFAIK, we require config compatibility between subsequent
versions, so there really shouldn't be anything to report. It might be
useful to report, when running the havana tool against an
upgraded-from-grizzly config which things are deprecated though.

We already test that the config upgrade works in the grenade test in the
gate, so there really shouldn't be any degredation experienced by the
user after an upgrade...

--Dan