[openstack-dev] [nova] [api] How to handle bug 1249526?

Christopher Yeoh cbkyeoh at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 01:29:08 UTC 2013

Hi Matt,

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 8:35 AM, Matt Riedemann
<mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com>wrote:

> This is mainly just a newbie question but looks like it could be an easy
> fix. The bug report is just asking for the nova os-fixed-ips API extension
> to return the 'reserved' status for the fixed IP. I don't see that in the
> v3 API list though, was that dropped in V3? If it's not being ported to V3
> I'm sure there was a good reason so maybe this isn't worth implementing in
> the V2 API, even though it seems like a pretty harmless backwards
> compatible change. Am I missing something here?

It's not ported to the V3 API because we only support neutron in the V3 API
and fixed ip related queries/settings can be made directly to the neutron
API.

I think adding the reserved status for the fixed IP would be ok. It would
have to be handled in the usual way for extending the V2 API though  - eg
adding another extension so it can be detected when that feature will be
available.

More broadly speaking we discussed at summit perhaps closing V2 API
development at the end of I-2 (assuming V3 is looking good by that stage) -
except for bug fixes of course.

Chris