[openstack-dev] [Nova] Hypervisor CI requirement and deprecation plan

Álvaro López García alvaro.lopez.garcia at cern.ch
Sat Nov 16 16:18:13 UTC 2013

On Fri 15 Nov 2013 (07:28), Dan Smith wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Dan.

> As you know, Nova adopted a plan to require CI testing for all our
> in-tree hypervisors by the Icehouse release. At the summit last week, we
> determined the actual plan for deprecating non-compliant drivers. I put
> together a page detailing the specific requirements we're putting in
> place as well as a plan and timeline for how the deprecation process
> will proceed:
>
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/HypervisorSupportMatrix/DeprecationPlan
>
> I also listed the various drivers and whether we've heard any concrete
> plans from them. Driver owners should feel free to add details to that
> and correct any of the statements if incorrect.

I've posted an email one month ago about this and the support of Xen
via libvirt [1]. We are happy users of this ad we would love to see
it being promoted form the use-at-your-own-risk group C to group B.
Should we add it to the list of drivers in the group C, and add another
column to the table so that we can start filling it with the
supported/working features? Should I fill a blueprint for this?

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-October/016661.html

Álvaro López García                              aloga at ifca.unican.es
Instituto de Física de Cantabria         http://alvarolopez.github.io
Ed. Juan Jordá, Campus UC                      tel: (+34) 942 200 969
Avda. de los Castros s/n
39005 Santander (SPAIN)