[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Plugin and Driver Inclusion Requirements

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Fri Nov 15 20:30:06 UTC 2013

I also completely agree with this policy - and I hope all the developers
contributing code to non-core plugins like me will agree as well.
There is nothing like verifiability. This will also make a lot easier code
reviews for non-core plugins; one of the reasons for which these reviews
tend to have a higher turnaround is that reviewers have a really hard time
and very often can't tell whether the code they're reviewing will actually
work or not.

So, I would say this is not additional burden being asked to contributors,
but is actually good for plugin developers as well.
We're already working to ensure the plugin we contribute to is compliant
with this policy.

Otherwise there is the following workaround

git clone git://github.com/openstack/neutron.git
git rm -r neutron/plugins/<your_plugin_name>
gir rm -r neutron/tests/unit/<your_plugin_name>
git rm -r etc/neutron/plugins/<your_plugin_name>
git commit -a
git review

[The thing about the workaround was meant to be humorous]

Regards,
Salvatore