[openstack-dev] how can I know a new instance is created from the code ?

terryxing xingtianyi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 18:55:36 UTC 2013

Hi Dear All,

I am wondering that is there any way in Openstack to know when  new
instance is created ? is there any Python API to do this ? Since I want to
monitor the instance creation event and trigger another event, thus, my
program needs to be know whenever a new instance is created.

I can run a daemon keep listening the nova-manage or other, when a new
instance is created,  this daemon will know then let other program know to
take some actions.

Thanks very much for any comment.