[openstack-dev] [sqlalchemy-migrate] Blueprint for review: Add DB2 10.5 Support

Joe Gordon joe.gordon0 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 18:05:20 UTC 2013

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-November/018714.html

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-October/016395.html

>>> [3] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/DB2Enablement
>>>

>> Thanks to Brant Bknudson for pointing out that DB2 Express-C doesn't
>> have a time restriction:
>>
>> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/im/db2express/
>>
>> "It is a fully licensed product available for free download. It does not
>> have any time restrictions."
>>
>> I must have mistaken that with Enterprise Server Edition that we were
>> using in house for some bigger deployments for CI with Tempest.
>>
>> So it sounds like Express-C is what we could use to get
>> sqlalchemy-migrate unit tests running against DB2 using the community
>> infrastructure (I hope), I just need some help with getting that going.
>> I know Roman got the migrate UT running for MySQL and PostgreSQL here:
>>
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/40436/
>>
>> I'll try working with Roman, Monty and any infra guys that will talk to
>> me to get this going.
>>

> Just to circle back on this before anyone throws in their two cents and
tells me that 3rd party CI is the way to go, I caught Monty in IRC and came
to that conclusion already.

> While DB2 Express-C is free and doesn't expire, it's closed source so
it's an issue of the infra team being able to maintain it, and that there
is no closed source code running in the community infrastructure.

> So I'll plan on getting the sqlalchemy-migrate unit tests reporting back
for DB2 using 3rd party CI and triggers.

Wonderful, I'm happy as long as its tested.