[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Find the compute host on which a VM runs

Stefan Apostoaie iosstef at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 14:55:10 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm creating a Neutron/Quantum plugin to work with a networking controller
that takes care of the configuration of the virtual networks. Basically
what we are doing is receive the API calls and forward them to our
controller to run the required configuration on the compute hosts.
What I need to know when a create_port call is made to my plugin is on
which compute host the VM is created (so that our controller will run the
configuration on that host). Is there a way to find out this information
from the plugin?

Regards,
Stefan Apostoaie