[openstack-dev] Designing and implementing Murano (App Catalog for OpenStack)

Stan Lagun slagun at mirantis.com
Fri Nov 15 12:18:57 UTC 2013

Hello,

As far as I see it now here is what will be required:

1. Ability to integrate support for Murano guest VM agent (probably as a
component type plugin).
2. Ability to control configuration actions order by explicitly specifying
pre-requirements for each component
3. All configuration actions that has all pre-requirements met need to be
executed simultaneously (green threads are ok). So that we can do
mass-configuration things like install XX on 100 machines (using 100
components in generated template)
4. Components need to have metadata and agent plugin implementation need to
have access to it so that the values could be passed to Murano Agent.
Standard HOT value referencing  syntax must be supported here as well.
5. Configuration actions performed by component may produce output values
that need to be accessible to other components later in dependency chain.
This may be in form of explicit output attributes (as in HOT template
itself) or by altering own metadata values in runtime
6. Ability to stop orchestration and/or rollback stack on configuration
failures
7. Ability to modify component graph for deployed stack and thus execute
some additional configuration actions on VMs created earlier.

Does this fit your vision of Heat orchestration?

Sincerely yours
Stanislav (Stan) Lagun
Senior Developer
Mirantis