[openstack-dev] [Solum] Version scheme

Murali Allada murali.allada at RACKSPACE.COM
Thu Nov 14 15:36:57 UTC 2013

I'm not a big fan of using date information in the version number. Is there an advantage to doing that? Using a model like 0.0.1 makes it easier to communicate.

A better approach might be to use  Major.Minor.Revision.Build. If we want to use dates, Year.Month.Day.Build  or Year.Minor.Revision.Build might be a better approach. Do any openstack projects use the build number in the version? or is there a way for the build process to insert the build number in there?

Thanks,
Murali

On Nov 14, 2013, at 8:23 AM, Noorul Islam K M <noorul at noorul.com<mailto:noorul at noorul.com>>