[openstack-dev] [RFC] Straw man to start the incubation / graduation requirements discussion

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Nov 14 09:13:53 UTC 2013

Kurt Griffiths wrote:
>> Also does it place a requirement that all projects wanting to request
>> incubation to be placed in stackforge ? That sounds like a harsh
>> requirement if we were to reject them.
>
> I think that anything that encourages projects to get used to the
> OpenStack development process sooner, rather than later, is a good thing.
> [...]

Fully agree with that... I was just taking the point of view of a
project currently developed outside of stackforge using a weird VCS --
we'd basically force them to switch to stackforge and git before we'd
even consider their application. If we ended up rejecting them, they
might feel this was a lot of wasted effort. I don't object raising the
pre-incubation requirements, just want to make sure everyone will be
aware of the consequences :)

That said, most (all?) openstack-wanabee projects now go the stackforge
route, so I'm not sure that would create extra pain for anyone.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)