[openstack-dev] Custom Flavor creation through Heat

Kodam, Vijayakumar (EXT-Tata Consultancy Ser - FI/Espoo) vijayakumar.kodam.ext at nsn.com
Thu Nov 14 08:53:41 UTC 2013

>not the video I was looking for, but he kind of makes the point about planning...
>http://youtu.be/2E0C9zLSINE?t=42m55s
>
># Shawn Hartsock

Thanks Shawn for your inputs. As I have mentioned earlier, the usecase is mostly for telecom cloud applications running in our private cloud.
The hardware requirements for them are quite different from the usual IT hardware requirements.
We also have to use extra-specs to help nova schedule the virtual instances and to make other decisions.
And the flavors we create will be mostly visible/accessible to the tenant which creates them.
This restriction could be imposed using flavor-access feature of nova.

Regards,
VijayKumar