[openstack-dev] [qa] Tracking development of scenario tests

David Kranz dkranz at redhat.com
Wed Nov 13 23:24:10 UTC 2013

It was clear at the summit that there is a pressing need for more
scenario tests. A number of folks have volunteered to participate so we
need a way to track progress and avoid duplication. We have not had
great satisfaction using either bugs or blueprints, so Sean and I are
proposing a more "self-service" approach and process:

1. Developer checks in the zeroth version of a scenario test as work in
progress. It contains a description of the test, and     possibly work
items.  This will "claim" the area of the proposed scenario to avoid
duplication and allow others to comment through gerrit.
2. The developer pushes new versions, removing work in progress if the
code is in working state and a review is desired and/or others will be
contributing to the scenario.
3. When finished, any process-oriented content such as progress tracking
is removed and the test is ready for final review.

We can discuss this at the meeting tomorrow or you can reply with comments.

  -David