[openstack-dev] [nova][object] One question to the resource tracker session

Jiang, Yunhong yunhong.jiang at intel.com
Wed Nov 13 23:12:13 UTC 2013

Hi, Dan Smith and all,
	I noticed followed statement in 'Icehouse tasks' in  https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/IcehouseNovaExtensibleSchedulerMetrics

		convert resource tracker to objects
		make resoruce tracker extensible
		no db migrations ever again!!
		extra specs to cover resources - use a name space

	How is it planned to achieve the 'no db migrations ever again'? Even with the object, we still need keep resource information in database. And when new resource type added, we either add a new column to the table. Or it means we merge all resource information into a single column as json string and parse it in the resource tracker object?.

Thanks
--jyh