[openstack-dev] [Solum] Some initial code copying for db/migration

devdatta kulkarni devdatta.kulkarni at rackspace.com
Wed Nov 13 18:48:37 UTC 2013

+1 for ease of iteration till we decide on the model
(and so not worry about remotability right now :)).

Just to verify that I understand the proposed strawman commit,
it will use nova/object/* like hierarchy to define Solum specific domain objects
in which specific methods would be exposed whose implementation will use
sqlalchemy ORM calls internally.

Sounds good to me.

As long as we are able to discuss and debate the perceived advantages of the object approach
(that it makes handling versioned data easier, and that it allows using sql and non-sql
 backends) we should be good.

Btw, thanks for sending across link to the F1 paper.

Regards,
- Devdatta