[openstack-dev] Nova SSL Apache2 Question

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Wed Nov 13 18:26:38 UTC 2013

On 11/06/2013 07:20 PM, Miller, Mark M (EB SW Cloud - R&D - Corvallis)
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to front all of the Grizzly OpenStack services with Apache2 in order to enable SSL. I've got Horizon and Keystone working but am struggling with Nova. The only documentation I have been able to find is at URL http://www.rackspace.com/blog/enabling-ssl-for-the-openstack-api/
>
> However, the Nova sample "osapi.wsgi" and "osapi" files are not working with Grizzly. Does anyone have a set of these files for Nova?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark Miller

This was on my To Do list, but for Icehouse.  What are you seeing as the
failure?

The original article was written a while ago, so I am not surprised
things have changed out from underneath it.  In particular, there are
some times where Eventlet code gets monkey patched in that you won't
want when working in HTTPD.  In Keystone, we isolated the Monkeypatching
into a single function, to ensure the same logic was done in both
starting the App and the unit tests.  I suspect we'll need to something
comparable in Nova.

There are also potential SELinux issues.  I'd run with SELinux in
Permissive mode until you get things sorted.