[openstack-dev] [qa] moratorium on new negative tests in Tempest

Koderer, Marc m.koderer at telekom.de
Wed Nov 13 15:20:22 UTC 2013

Hi,

see below.

Regards
Marc
From: Kenichi Oomichi [oomichi at mxs.nes.nec.co.jp]
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:24 AM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [qa] moratorium on new negative tests in Tempest

Great that you already had a look!
So my idea is that we have a battery of functions which can create erroneous input.
My intention for invalid_uuid was just something like uuid.uuid4() - but the name is a bit misleading.
We can use additional functions that create the input that you are suggesting. I think all of them make sense.

> IIUC, in negative test session, we discussed that tests passing utf-8 string
> as API parameter should be negative tests, and the server should return a
> BadRequest response.
> I guess we need to implement such API negative tests. After that, if finding
> an unfavorable behavior of some server, we need to implement API validation
> for the server.
> (unfavorable behavior ex. When a client send utf-8 request, the server returns
> a NotFound response, not a BadRequest one)

+1