[openstack-dev] Problems with devstack installation

Sullivan, Jon Paul JonPaul.Sullivan at hp.com
Wed Nov 13 15:02:42 UTC 2013

From: Telles Nobrega [mailto:tellesnobrega at gmail.com]

Hi, I'm trying to setup a dev environment, but I'm getting this error on nova http://paste.openstack.org/show/52392/ can anyone give me a hint on how to work this out?

I just saw the same problem.  I found that in my case the 2012.1 (Essex!) packages were installed from the Ubuntu apt repositories, which contained an outdated nova-rootwrap in /usr/bin/ that was using the wrong import statement.  The nova-rootwrap built by devstack was in /usr/local/bin/ and so I copied that in place of the incorrect one in /usr/bin/.

Yes, this is a massive hack, but it did work for me for a similar error in the scheduler.

thanks

Telles Mota Vidal Nobrega
Developer at PulsarOpenStack Project - HP/LSD-UFCG

Thanks,
Jon-Paul Sullivan :) Cloud Services - @hpcloud

Postal Address: Hewlett-Packard Galway Limited, Ballybrit Business Park, Galway.
Registered Office: Hewlett-Packard Galway Limited, 63-74 Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin 2.
Registered Number: 361933

The contents of this message and any attachments to it are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message in error you should delete it from your system immediately and advise the sender.

To any recipient of this message within HP, unless otherwise stated, you should consider this message and attachments as "HP CONFIDENTIAL".