[openstack-dev] [Glance] multi-hypervisor support

Zhi Yan Liu lzy.dev at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 11:42:00 UTC 2013

Hello folks,

I proposed a session on this summit [1], one item of it is to enhance
Glance multi-location feature to support multi-hypervisor deployment
environment, for example in this scenario KVM images could potentially
be stored on GlusterFS supported for KVM compute nodes whereas ESX
images could be stored in a NFS storage. This enhancement potentially
need to change Glance to allow it save different image content to
different backend storage, currently Glance only allow all multiple
locations for an image id are all contain same bits. Since change and
effect is large for Glance so I have to make sure this is a worth use
case/feature enough for the real Cloud, I'd like to listen your
thoughts around this idea.

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/enhancing-glance-image-location-property

thanks,
zhiyan