[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer][Horizon] The future or pagination

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Wed Nov 13 10:58:19 UTC 2013

Hi,

We've been discussing and working for a while on support for pagination
on our API v2 in Ceilometer. There's a large amount that already been
done, but that is now stalled because we are not sure about the
consensus.

There's mainly two approaches around pagination as far as I know, one
being using limit/offset and the other one being marker based. As of
today, we have no clue of which one we should pick, in the case we would
have a technical choice doable between these two.

I've added the Horizon tag in the subject because I think it may concern
Horizon, since it shall be someday in the future one of the main
consumer of the Ceilometer API.

I'd be also happy to learn what other projects do in this regard, and
what has been said and discussed during the summit.

To a certain extend, we Ceilometer would also be happy to find common
technical ground on this to some extend so _maybe_ we can generalise
this into WSME itself for consumption from other projects.

Cheers,
--
Julien Danjou
;; Free Software hacker ; independent consultant