[openstack-dev] [nova] Blueprint for Juniper OpenContrail vrouter nova vif driver support

Kyle Mestery (kmestery) kmestery at cisco.com
Wed Nov 13 04:28:46 UTC 2013

On Nov 12, 2013, at 10:02 PM, Harshad Nakil <hnakil at contrailsystems.com> wrote:
> Kyle,
> These requirement should also be required for existing third plugins.
> Will you allow new patches to existing plugins without this requirement?
> I hope we don't end up creating multiple classes of citizens.
>
> Regards
> -Harshad

All plugins will require the Smokestack/Tempest tests to be claimed as
supported. This will be required by Icehouse-2. The only thing I am
bringing up here is whether or not we allow new plugins into the tree
without the tests, given we're already in the Icehouse development cycle.
That's what I suspect we need more input on from the rest of the Neutron
core team.

Thanks,
Kyle