[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer][qa]Tempest tests for Ceilometer

Nadya Privalova nprivalova at mirantis.com
Tue Nov 12 18:52:46 UTC 2013

Hello, guys!

I hope everybody has eventually got home after the summit and feeling ok :)
So it's time to proceed thinking about integration, unit and performance
testing in Ceilometer. First of all I'd like to appreciate your help in
composing etherpad
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/icehouse-summit-ceilometer-integration-tests.
If you didn't participate in design session about integration tests
but
have thoughts about it please add your comments.

Here is a list of ceilometer-regarding cr in tempest (just a reminder):

   1. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/39237/
   2. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/55276/

And even more but they are abandoned due to reviewers' inactivity (take a
look in whiteboard):
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tempest/+spec/add-basic-ceilometer-tests .
Is there any reasons why cr were not reviewed?

I guess the first step to be done is test plan. I've created a doc
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ceilometer-test-plan and plan to start
working on it. If you have any thoughts about the plan - you are welcome!

Thanks,
Nadya