[openstack-dev] [qa] moratorium on new negative tests in Tempest

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Tue Nov 12 18:36:31 UTC 2013

Excerpts from Sean Dague's message of 2013-11-12 10:01:06 -0800:
> During the freeze phase of Havana we got a ton of new contributors
> coming on board to Tempest, which was super cool. However it meant we
> had this new influx of negative tests (i.e. tests which push invalid
> parameters looking for error codes) which made us realize that human
> creation and review of negative tests really doesn't scale. David Kranz
> is working on a generative model for this now.

Are there some notes or other source material we can follow to understand
this line of thinking? I don't agree or disagree with it, as I don't
really understand, so it would be helpful to have the problems enumerated
and the solution hypothesis stated. Thanks!