[openstack-dev] [nova] Configure overcommit policy

Khanh-Toan Tran khanh-toan.tran at cloudwatt.com
Tue Nov 12 15:16:55 UTC 2013

FYI, by default Openstack overcommit CPU 1:16, meaning it can host 16 times number of cores it possesses. As mentioned Alex, you can change it by enabling AggregateCoreFilter in nova.conf:
scheduler_default_filters = <list of your filters, adding AggregateCoreFilter here>

and modifying the overcommit ratio by adding:
cpu_allocation_ratio=1.0

Just a suggestion, think of isolating the host for the tenant that uses Hadoop so that it will not serve other applications. You have several filters at your disposal:
AggregateInstanceExtraSpecsFilter
IsolatedHostsFilter
AggregateMultiTenancyIsolation

Best regards,