[openstack-dev] [Heat] HOT software configuration refined after design summit discussions

Alex Heneveld alex.heneveld at cloudsoftcorp.com
Tue Nov 12 13:59:35 UTC 2013

+1

This new proposal [1] looks like a very positive change on top of [2].
Simpler both to read and write.

One minor suggestion is to consider using a special character (eg $)
rather than reserved keywords.  As I understand it the keywords are only
interpreted when they exactly match the value of a key in a map, so it
is already unlikely to be problematic.  However I think it would be more
familiar and clear if we instead used the rule that any item (key or
value) which _starts_ with a $ is interpreted specially.  What those
rules are is TBD but you could for instance write functions -- as either
`$get_param('xxx')` or `$get_param: xxx` -- as well as allow accessing a
parameter directly `$xxx `.

Very excited to see where this goes.

Best
Alex