[openstack-dev] [Neutron] - Vendor specific erros

Avishay Balderman AvishayB at Radware.com
Tue Nov 12 08:00:48 UTC 2013

Hi
Some of the DB entities in the LBaaS domain inherit from HasStatusDescription<https://github.com/openstack/neutron/blob/master/neutron/db/models_v2.py#L40>
With this we can set the entity status (ACTIVE, PENDING_CREATE,etc) and a description for the status.
There are flows in the Radware LBaaS driver that the  driver needs to set the entity status to ERROR and it is able to set the description of the error -  the description is Radware specific.
My question is:  Does it make sense to do that?
After all the tenant is aware to the fact that he works against Radware load balancer -  the tenant selected Radware as the lbaas provider in the UI.
Any reason not to do that?

This is a generic issue/question and does not relate  to a specific plugin or driver.

Thanks

Avishay