[openstack-dev] [Neutron]Good example of dev doc/docstrings in code.

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Tue Nov 12 00:50:26 UTC 2013

Hello:

I will be creating noise around testing in order to help shore up the
gap between where we are in Neutron and where everybody agrees we would
like to be.

To that end I would like to point out a great example of docstrings in code:
https://github.com/openstack/neutron/blob/master/neutron/neutron_plugin_base_v2.py

which is used to generate dev docs.

Here are the generated docs from the above docstrings in the code:
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/neutron/devref/plugin-api.html

The docstrings are great for the author of the patch to ensure the
purpose of each method/function is clearly understood by themselves,
reviews and users of the code.

I would like to encourage current and future patches to include good
docstrings/dev docs going forward.

Thanks everyone for your support helping to close the gap with testing
with Neutron.

Thank you,
Anita Kuno
anteaya