[openstack-dev] [qa] Policy on spelling and grammar

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Mon Nov 11 19:28:46 UTC 2013

As a speaker of the Queen's English, I find flavor to be incorrect. Does that mean I can -1 any patch that does not use flavour ?

At CERN, we are working with 130 countries in a single community. The value of the contribution of non-english speakers far exceeds the occasional misunderstandings.

Giving grammar/spellings -1 excludes major sections of the community from contribution.

As our aim is meritocracy (in python, computer architecture and design rather than spelling), I'd propose

- If someone identifies a need for clarification/correction as part of a review, they also submit the replacement text rather than just -1.
- The submitter incorporates that change into a patch

Tim