[openstack-dev] [openstack-tc] Proposal to recognize indirect contributions to our code base

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Mon Nov 11 17:02:57 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-11 10:49, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> @Ben,
>
> Metrics tools i believe are already using information in the .mailmap
> file (see nova's for example).

Having just been through this process, I'm afraid not. :-)  Stackalytics
uses
https://github.com/stackforge/stackalytics/blob/master/etc/default_data.json and Activity Board uses https://github.com/openstack-infra/activity-board/blob/master/browser/data/affs/openstack-community-affs.csv

Also, the mailmaps for some projects (oslo-incubator for example) are so
incomplete that they would require massive updates to be useful for
this.

There was actually a discussion about the proliferation of affiliation
data not too long ago:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-October/016900.html

-Ben