[openstack-dev] [oslo][heat] oslo.db session and model_query()

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Mon Nov 11 16:35:42 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I've been digging into our DB API code, aiming to align it more closely
with the recommendations in the oslo.db docs.

https://github.com/openstack/oslo-incubator/blob/master/openstack/common/db/sqlalchemy/session.py#L35

However, I'm confused by the references to model_query in the docs, which
seem to imply there is a reference model_query which will do certain things
(e.g implicitly use a session when called without one)

Is this just a hangover from moving from another project (nova?), i.e
should we be aligning with a model_query implementation similar to that in
nova, or should oslo.db have a base implementation which can be reused?

Clarification or pointers to further docs would be much appreciated! :)

Steve